We are placing a strong and dynamic leader into our flag-ship multi-franchise dealership in Blackpool – is that person you? You’ll be ready to make your mark in a market-leading independent motor group, reporting into the Board of Directors and responsible for your own successes.
Who we are:
Chorley Group is an award-winning family-owned business, breaking the mould of car sales by moving into the digital era whilst maintaining the traditional customer facing aspect of a dealership. Working for the Group is akin to joining a family, with all the support and loyalty you’d expect, along with keeping a work/life balance with our 5-day week.
What we think you'll be
- An experienced General Manager looking for a senior role with an eye for detail and profits; proven used car track record and continued focus on customer satisfaction.
- Have an inclusive and dynamic management style and a strong focus on training and developing your team;
- A leader, setting the example of excellence to all around you, and motivating your colleagues to follow suit.
What you'll be doing
- Running a multi-franchise dealership (Nissan, Hyundai & Kia) and overseeing all aspects of Sales, Aftersales and Administration;
- Maximising sales and profits, leading your teams to first class sales and marketing;
- Controlling costs in line with departmental and dealership objectives and business plans, you will ensure that profit targets are achieved, and expenses controlled, utilising all resources cost effectively;
- Working and communicating with other managers, team members and Directors to develop the business and the Group ethos;
- This role is not for the faint-hearted, you’ll be dealing with three brands and the different expectations of each, plus the used car business, whilst managing the overall position of the dealership.
What you'll get
- OTE earnings of an expected £100k per annum – though this is in your own control to improve upon due to the Company’s uncapped earnings structure;
- Company demonstrator and full fuel allowance;
- Group Pension and benefits package including Life Assurance, Critical Illness, PMI & PHI (subject to qualifying criteria);
- 5 day working week, and 7pm dealership close (5pm at weekends) and ideally living within a 45 minute radius to allow you to take advantage of the earlier closure times;
- Full support from the Business, including marketing leads, digitised responses and online purchasing.
What you need to know/have
- No specific qualifications required
- Industry experience and a proven managerial track record are more important
- Standard accounting practices to P&L
- Franchise and industry standards
- Current legislative requirements
- The daily tasks required in the General Managers role of a dealership
- How to deliver excellent Customer Service
- Manufacturer or Franchise experience essential
If this sounds like a role you want to make your mark with,
speak to us directly or email your interest and CV to